Incapacity Planning Attorney in League City
Plan to Ensure Proper Care
Only through having an incapacity plan in place can you be confident that your wishes will be honored when you can no longer make decisions for yourself or adequately communicate. The types of care you may require are varied, including management of your financial matters, purchasing groceries, or making medical decisions. Our League City estate planning lawyer is well-versed in the solutions and strategies to help you make informed decisions for potential guardianship or conservatorship.
Based on you or your family’s needs, a number of solutions are available including:
- Durable Powers of Attorney: This document allows you to manage control over your estate through your legal proxy if you become incapacitated.
- Advance Health Care Directives: Medical directives established in advance regarding important medical decisions. Also known as a Living Will.
- Medical Powers of Attorney: One of three advance directives, this allows you to designate a patient advocate who can make medical decisions on your behalf in the event you can no longer make them yourself.
- HIPAA Authorization: Medical release that allows healthcare agents to access medical records.
- Guardianships and conservatorships: Specific legal processes that name an individual to manage more of your affairs if you become incapacitated.
What Are Your Options?
Frequently Attorney McNair is asked for assistance in setting up a carefully planned guardianship. A guardianship (also referred to as a conservatorship) is a court proceeding which names an entity or individual who will manage the affairs of an incapacitated individual. Our League City estate planning lawyer assists clients in setting up strategies now for handling future affairs with dignity, and avoiding potentially stressful or protracted guardianship proceedings.
Call us today to discuss your options. The McNair Law Group, PLLC can be reached at (281) 784-3340 or by contacting us online.