Pet Trust Planning in League City, TX
Protect & Plan for Your Pet’s Future
You love, feed, and protect your pet. You ensure that it has the highest quality of life and a happy environment. However, do you know who will care for your pet when the time comes? If you have no plan in place, do your relatives or friends know the specific medications your pet needs? Planning a pet trust with our League City estate planning lawyer can extend that care once you’re gone, giving you the peace of mind that your pet will be in good hands.
The benefits of a pet trust are numerous, including:
- Comprehensive control over the future care of your pet
- Directing food intake (type of food and feeding schedule)
- Stipulating veterinary care
- Designating a trustee to manage funds for your pet’s care
- Pet trusts can be triggered if you become incapacitated or disabled, unlike a will
- A pet trust can also be amended if you choose
Why Pet Trusts Are Important
Under state law, our pets are considered personal property. It’s very important that they’re provided special consideration in any estate plan so you as the owner can be confident they’ll receive proper care. League City estate planning attorney Joy McNair is experienced in all aspects of estate planning, including assisting our clients to establish pet trusts.
Protect Your Beloved Pets
Looking into options for protecting your pets after you can no longer care for them can feel overwhelming. Our League City estate planning attorney wants you to feel comfortable during the process and confident about the choices you make.
Contact The McNair Law Group, PLLC at (281) 784-3340 today.